1. Keep makeup remover next to your bed so you have zero excuses not to take off your makeup before you go to sleep. Sleeping with your makeup on can cause breakouts and infections. So on nights when you're exhausted and can't imagine standing at the sink for longer than 30 seconds, you'll be thankful to have this stuff stashed next to your bed. (But really, help your face and reserve this hack for extreme lazy emergencies only.)
2. Hide a manicure that's growing out by creating a glitter ombré effect starting at the base of your nails. The best way to distract from a chipped or overgrown manicure is, well, glitter. It's pretty and will last for what feels like for-ev-er.
3. If you're too impatient to wait for your moisturizer, toner, and self-tanner to dry, or for your makeup to set, then blast your skin with a blow-dryer on the cool setting. Certain products (toner, tanner) need to dry completely before you move on to your next step when getting ready, and a blow-dryer can really help speed up that process.
4. On days when you don't want to mess with your whole makeup regimen, use lipstick to add a little color to your lips, cheeks, and eyes. Swipe your one-product wonder stick along your cheekbone, brow bone, and lips, then blend it out with your fingers for a subtle glow. There, now you look like a real human.
5. Make highlighting and contouring easy as (1,2,) 3. To highlight your face, quickly make a "3" with a concealer two shades lighter than your skin tone. Draw the top line above your brow, middle line above your cheekbone, and bottom line right above your jawbone.
To contour your face, draw a backwards "3" (like the shape of an "E") in a concealer two shades darker than your skin tone. Start the top line on your temple, put the middle line right below your cheekbone, and draw the bottom line underneath your jawbone. Then buff out the two shades, blending the lines completely for a seamless finish.
6. If you love winged liner but don't have the hand-eye coordination to do it perfectly, no big deal: You can clean messy edges with a cotton swab coated with petroleum jelly. Making the perfect freehanded flick on the first try is hard. Erasing your mistakes is easy.
7. If you're out of liquid or gel eyeliner, borrow some mascara instead of going to the store. Use a small liner brush to grab the formula on your mascara brush.
8. Instantly make your eyes look more awake by lining the inner rim (also known as the waterline) of your lower eyelid with a nude eye pencil. Not only will this trick brighten your eyes, but it'll also make you look wide-eyed, like any Disney princess ever created.
9. Take your eye makeup from a sleek daytime look to something sexier by smudging your liner with a cotton swab to diffuse it into a smoky eye look. No need to get out the whole makeup bag. You're welcome.
10. If you need a root touch-up but haven't gotten around to getting one, tease your hair at the roots and create a messy side part to help camouflage the overgrowth. A straight part down the middle will only highlight the fact that you look like Pepé Le Pew