Home / Archive for November 2015
MAKEUP HACK FOR LIGHT COMPLEXION SKIN
The most important thing when it comes to girls with fair skin and foundation is the following – never try to give yourself a darker skin tone with foundation. Girls usually make the same mistake when doing this. They forget to apply foundation to their neck and jaw line. The line between your face and your neck is then very visible and everyone can see that your skin is lighter than what you’re trying to show.
Even if you apply your foundation perfectly, the color of your eyes and hair will give you out. Choose a foundation that is closest to your natural skin tone.
Not everything needs to be as fair as your skin is – your eyes will look great with a couple of different combinations. Sure, fair colors for eye shadow apply here as well – gentle beige and skin tones will be just fine. On the other hand, earthy colors, like soft browns and greens will also look good, just as pastel colors will.
When it comes to eyeliner, you can use basically any color, as long as it goes well with the color of your eyeshadow. For a dramatic look choose black eyeliner and for an everyday look, you can even use white. Mascara should rather be brown than black.
You will hear from a lot of people how ladies with fair complexion should never wear red lipstick. I personally do not agree with that. There are occasions and styles when you can wear red lipstick with no worries.
However, lipsticks that are close to the tone of your lips will be the best. Clear lip gloss is perfect, as well as light pinkish ones. Orange might not be the best idea, but lighter shades of brown could be good if well combined with the rest of the makeup. Avoid really dark red colors, unless you’re looking for a vampire look.
When it comes to applying blush on fair skin, the best guess might be not to apply it at all. Anything that is too striking will look really bad, so you absolutely need to be sure that you know how to apply blush perfectly. The blush should be pale pink, barely visible. Orange or bronze tones are an absolute no-no.
The general rule for makeup for fair complexion is that it should look as natural as possible. Natural colors and light pinkish tones are your best choice. Don’t try to hide the natural tone of your skin with makeup. There’s nothing to hide in the first place and you might end up looking ridiculous.
QUICK CONCEALER HACK
You pat concealer in, you never rub it in. We know this from watching the Tyra Banks show. When applying concealer, put a bit on the pad of your middle finger and pat it in. Never rub. Got acne? Pat the concealer on top of it.
BMPRO BLENDING BALL
MEET BEFORE AND AFTER
43 MUST KNOW LIFE HACK THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
1. Your shoes are the first thing people subconsciously notice about you. Wear nice shoes.
2. If you sit for more than 11 hours a day, there's a 50% chance you'll die within the next 3 years.
3. There are at least 6 people in the world who look exactly like you. There's a 9% chance that you'll meet one of them in your lifetime.
4. Sleeping without a pillow reduces back pain and keeps your spine stronger.
5. A person’s height is determined by their father, and their weight is determined by their mother.
6. If a part of your body "falls asleep", You can almost always "wake it up" by shaking your head.
7. There are three things the human brain cannot resist noticing - food, attractive people and danger.
8. Right-handed people tend to chew food on their right side.
9. Putting dry tea bags in gym bags or smelly shoes will absorb the unpleasant odor.
10. According to Albert Einstein, if honey bees were to disappear from earth, humans would be dead within 4 years.
11. There are so many kinds of apples, that if you ate a new one every day, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
12. You can survive without eating for weeks, but you will only live 11 days without sleeping.
13. People who laugh a lot are healthier than those who don’t.
14. Laziness and inactivity kills just as many people as smoking.
15. A human brain has a capacity to store 5 times as much information as Wikipedia.
16. Our brain uses the same amount of power as a 10-watt light bulb!!
17. Our body gives enough heat in 30 minutes to boil 1.5 liters of water!!
18. The Ovum egg is the largest cell and the sperm is the smallest cell!!
19. Stomach acid (conc. HCl) is strong enough to dissolve razor blades!!
20. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day & while you walk, SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
21. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
22. When you wake up in the morning, pray to ask God's guidance for your purpose, today.
23. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
24. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
25. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
26. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts and things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
27. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
28. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
29. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for everything.
30. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
31. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
32. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
33. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
34. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
35. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
36. Help the needy, Be generous! Be a 'Giver' not a 'Taker'
37. What other people think of you is none of your business.
38. Time heals everything.
39. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
40. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. Each night before you go to bed, pray to God and be thankful for what you accomplished, today. What if you woke up this morning and only had what you thanked God for yesterday? DON’T FORGET TO THANK GOD FOR EVERYTHING.
43. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
FEATURE MAKE-UP PRODUCT
BMPRO PRODUCT OF THE WEEK MAPLE
HAIR TREATMENT HACK
1. Avoid blow-drying your hair every day. Allow your hair to dry naturally whenever possible, whether you shower at night or let your hair dry over the weekend.
2. Yogurt is also good for your hair. It acts as a very good conditioner. Apply 1 bowl of curd before you go to shampoo your hair and see the difference for yourself after the shower when your hair dries up.
3.Don’t apply styling products to hair that is dripping wet. You’ll dilute them and impair their efficiency.
4. The curly-haired can leave their hair hydrated with natural oils and clean their scalps quite well by rinsing only with conditioner. Rubbing the scalp firmly with fingers is enough to loosen dirt. Most shampoos contain harsh, drying sulfates that are extremely damaging for curly hair.
5. Use hair conditioner regularly since the colouring process tends to dry your hair out.
DO YOU WANT THE #BMPRO MAKEOVER? CALL OUR HOTLINE:08183700001
BE BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL
If you want to be beautiful after making up, make sure to wear gloss and play with bold lipstick colors. If it’s your eye color people love, find eyeshadow colors that complement them and make sure to wear mascara. Also, know what color shirts look best on you and when going for shopping, buy things that will make you look good.
IMPORTANT MAKE-UP TIPS YOU MUST KNOW
1. When wearing heels, you should walk by pointing your toes straight ahead instead of toward the side. Keep your legs close together and swing your arms -- right arm as you step with your left foot and left arm as you step with your right foot, to keep your body balanced.
2. Eye movements work as an adequate exercise for the eyes and keep them healthy.
3. Perfume should be the first thing you put on after your underwear. That gives it time to warm and develop.
4. Use neutral shades and you don’t have to worry about your cosmetics clashing with your clothing.
5. Vaseline is your best friend Vaseline is a great, cheap eye makeup remover. It’s also great for fixing chapped, scaly lips. Slather on a bunch of Vaseline, then use a toothbrush to massage lips. Wipe the excess off on a tissue. Your lips will be smooth and soft.
FEATURE MAKE-UP PRODUCT
More Skin Care Hack
1. Get into the habit of wearing rubber gloves when housecleaning. Cleaning agents can be extremely harsh on both nails and hands. When exposed to water your nails swell and then shrink back as they dry. This contributes to brittle nails.
2. Tomatoes can be used for opening up the pores of the skin. So cut a tomato into half and rub it on your face then wash it with cold water for best results
3. Hide uneven skin tone by using concealer and powder that is transparent or slightly colored to avoid the shiny look. A foundation tone that is between the lightest and darkest coloring of your skin is the most convenient for you.
4. Nothing ages a person more than worry. Try to be positive and love every day as a new adventure and get joy from all the little things (so many cost nothing). Drink 8 glasses of water a day and use a moisturiser.
5. Don’t skimp on sleep or your skin will pay the price.
6. Your skin needs special attention to unifying skin tone when it comes to applying makeup, downplaying overly prominent features and focusing on the upper third of the face.
7. A mixture of rose water, turmeric powder and gram flour can be very good for your skin if you apply it for 15 minutes and wash it with ice cold water.
8. Women who wear make-up should carry out a routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising each evening, as well as washing the face in the morning. Cleansing will remove old make-up and the grime and grease that have been accumulated during the day.
6 Simple Hack for Flawless Skin
1. Stay away from the tanning bed. The rays can damage your skin and make it look older. Worse, they can increase your risk of getting skin cancer. If you need to tan, get one out of a tube.
2. Use a gentle soap like Dove for acne prone skin. It makes your skin a lot less oily because its PH balance
3. Mix one teaspoon of glycerine in two teaspoons of lemon juice and rose water. Apply on face, neck, rough elbows, and knees. Excellent for softening the skin and keeping it free of dryness.
4. If you have freckled skin, massage your face with olive oil and lemon juice. And use a scrub and gently but firmly clean your face in circular motion. Avoid thick foundations.
OIL FREE LIQ FOUNDATION
5. For a deep, moisturizing skin treatment apply olive oil to your skin once a week. Let it soak in while you take a steamy shower, and blot out the excess with a tissue.
6. Coconut oil is one of the great components that not just moisturize your skin but also act as an effective antioxidant and prevents pre-matured ageing. It also keeps the hair strong and shiny if massaged through for good results.
FEATURE MAKE-UP PRODUCT
BMPRO TAN MOISTURE
How to Apply Makeup for a Night Out
1. Apply a concealer that is one shade lighter than your foundation. Dot it on over any blemishes or under-eye circles and blend with your fingertips or a makeup sponge. If your concealer tends to cake, apply eye cream first.
2. Choose foundation that matches your skin tone exactly. Apply it in dots over the central part of your face, then blend it out with a makeup sponge or your fingertips until it covers your entire face.
3. Use a loose or pressed powder to keep foundation and concealer on longer. Use pressed powder to touch up when you're away from home.
4. Do your eyebrows next. Use powdered eyebrow shadow on brows instead of pencil, which can often look unnatural. Apply it with a hard, slanted brush.
5. Choose three colors of eye shadow: light, medium and dark. Use the dark only to line your upper eyelid, in a fairly thin line along the upper lashes. Use the medium shade for the crease and the lightest shade for the area under the eyebrow. There are many variations on eye shadow application techniques.
6. Apply eyeliner. Use a cake eyeliner with a damp, thin liner brush, or an eyeliner pencil, and line the lower lid below the lashes. Line only the outer two-thirds of the lower lid, or all the way across if you're trying to achieve a darker look. Line all the way across the upper lid (just above the lash line and as close to the lashes as possible), or start the line where your lashes begin.
7. Apply mascara to upper and lower lashes, in two thin coats, to avoid clumps. Choose brown mascara if your coloring is fair; black or brown-black works well for darker coloring or try colored mascara such as navy or plum for fun, but don't go too bright if you want to be taken seriously.
8. Smile to find the apples of your cheeks, and apply blush to the apples or below, whichever you prefer. If you have to blend in blush, it's too bright.
9. Choose a lipstick color that's suited to your skin tone and that's perfect for your day look. You can mix colors and textures to suit your moods and your outfits.
10. Line lips after applying lipstick, not before. That way you won't end up with a dark circle of lip liner after your lipstick has worn off. Avoid combining very dark lip liner and pale lipstick.
11. Look at yourself in the mirror, are you proud of yourself? You should be. Go out and have fun!
FEATURE MAKE-UP PRODUCT
Red Lipstick Rules for Your Hair Color and Complexion
1: Find the Right Shade for You
When it comes to choosing red lipstick, forget the fancy packaging and the price. The only thing that matters is finding the right shade for you. The best way to do this is to try different shades on bare lips. Strip your lips of any balms or other lipsticks so your natural lip color is showing.
Apply a red lipstick shade that you like to your top lip only and then look at the color against your natural bottom lip.
If the red lipstick is one or two shades darker then you’ve found the shade that will look the most flattering on you!
2: Match Your Red Lipstick to Your Hair Color and Complexion
To really pull off red lipstick successfully you also need to think about how well your shade is going to match with your skin tone and hair color. Get it right, and your lipstick, complexion and hair color will all blend into an effortlessly pulled together look. Get it wrong, and you could end up with lips that overpower and leave you looking like a clown.
If you’ve got brown or black hair with a warm complexion then look for shades of red with a brown base. Lipsticks that use words like, deep orange, golden red and coral to describe the shade is what you’re looking for. If your complexion is on the cooler side then try cherry reds, plum and burgundy.
Blondes with a warm complexion can get away with coral red, orange red, or copper red. While cool complexions should give anything described as dusty rose, plum pink, light red/rose or any red with a blue undertone a go.
Redheads with a warm complexion should go for orangey, brighter shades of red. While those with a cool complexion can pull off blue toned reds (which make teeth look whiter) and darker reds like plum, berry and brick.
3: Prepare Your Lips
Before applying any lipstick you should always make sure that your lips are smooth. For some helpful tips take a look at our Luscious Lips with Staying Power beauty blog Also, because red lipstick tends to bleed into the tiny lines around your mouth, it’s a good idea to add some lip primer or foundation to your lips as a base, and to use a lipstick liner.
4: Let Your Red Lipstick Shine
The final rule when it comes to red lipstick is to let it be your focus point. Tone down all other makeup and hide any redness in your complexion with concealer (especially around your nose). Pale skin and the bare minimum on your cheeks and eyes will give you a bigger lipstick pop.
By following these rules and finding the right shade for you, matching it to your hair color and complexion, preparing your lips, and letting your lipstick have the spotlight then you should be able to pull off red lipstick without any problems. The only decision to make after that is how many different shades to buy, and how you’re going to fit them all in your handbag!
FEATURE MAKE-UP PRODUCT
HD FACE CREATOR & CONTOUR CREME
10 Rules for Slowing Down and Enjoying Life More
A slower-paced life means making time to enjoy your mornings, instead of rushing off to work in a frenzy. It means taking the time to enjoy whatever you’re doing, to appreciate the outdoors, to actually focus on whoever you’re talking to or spending time with — instead of always being connected to a Blackberry or iPhone or laptop, instead of always thinking about work tasks and emails. It means single-tasking rather than switching between a multitude of tasks and focusing on none of them.
Slowing down is a conscious choice, and not always an easy one, but it leads to a greater appreciation for life and a greater level of happiness.
Here’s how to do it.
1. Do less. It’s hard to slow down when you are trying to do a million things. Instead, make the conscious choice to do less. Focus on what’s really important, what really needs to be done, and let go of the rest. Put space between tasks and appointments, so you can move through your days at a more leisurely pace. Read more.
2. Be present. It’s not enough to just slow down — you need to actually be mindful of whatever you’re doing at the moment. That means when you find yourself thinking about something you need to do, or something that’s already happened, or something that might happen … gently bring yourself back to the present moment. Focus on what’s going on right now. On your actions, on your environment, on others around you. This takes practice but is essential.
3. Disconnect. Don’t always be connected. If you carry around an iPhone or Blackberry or another mobile device, shut it off. Better yet, learn to leave it behind when possible. If you work on a computer most of the day, have times when you disconnect so you can focus on other things. Being connected all the time means we’re subject to interruptions, we’re constantly stressed about information coming in, we are at the mercy of the demands of others. It’s hard to slow down when you’re always checking new messages coming in.
4. Focus on people. Too often we spend time with friends and family, or meet with colleagues, and we’re not really there with them. We talk to them but are distracted by devices. We are there, but our minds are on things we need to do. We listen, but we’re really thinking about ourselves and what we want to say. None of us are immune to this, but with conscious effort you can shut off the outside world and just be present with the person you’re with. This means that just a little time spent with your family and friends can go a long way — a much more effective use of your time, by the way. It means we really connect with people rather than just meeting with them.
5. Appreciate nature. Many of us are shut in our homes and offices and cars and trains most of the time, and rarely do we get the chance to go outside. And often even when people are outside, they’re talking on their cell phones. Instead, take the time to go outside and really observe nature, take a deep breath of fresh air, enjoy the serenity of water and greenery. Exercise outdoors when you can, or find other outdoor activities to enjoy such as nature walks, hiking, swimming, etc. Feel the sensations of water and wind and earth against your skin. Try to do this daily — by yourself or with loved ones.
6. Eat slower. Instead of cramming food down our throats as quickly as possible — leading to overeating and a lack of enjoyment of our food — learn to eat slowly. Be mindful of each bite. Appreciate the flavors and textures. Eating slowly has the double benefit of making you fuller on less food and making the food taste better. I suggest learning to eat more real food as well, with some great spices (instead of fat and salt and sugar and frying for flavor).
7. Drive slower. Speedy driving is a pretty prevalent habit in our fast-paced world, but it’s also responsible for a lot of traffic accidents, stress, and wasted fuel. Instead, make it a habit to slow down when you drive. Appreciate your surroundings. Make it a peaceful time to contemplate your life, and the things you’re passing. Driving will be more enjoyable, and much safer. You’ll use less fuel too.
8. Find pleasure in anything. This is related to being present, but taking it a step farther. Whatever you’re doing, be fully present … and also appreciate every aspect of it, and find the enjoyable aspects. For example, when washing dishes, instead of rushing through it as a boring chore to be finished quickly, really feel the sensations of the water, the suds, the dishes. It can really be an enjoyable task if you learn to see it that way. The same applies to other chores — washing the car, sweeping, dusting, laundry — and anything you do, actually. Life can be so much more enjoyable if you learn this simple habit.
9. Single-task. The opposite of multi-tasking. Focus on one thing at a time. When you feel the urge to switch to other tasks, pause, breathe, and pull yourself back. Read more.
10. Breathe. When you find yourself speeding up and stressing out pause, and take a deep breath. Take a couple more. Really feel the air coming into your body, and feel the stress going out. By fully focusing on each breath, you bring yourself back to the present and slow yourself down. It’s also nice to take a deep breath or two — do it now and see what I mean.
FEATURE MAKE-UP PRODUCT
(HD FACE CREATOR & CONTOUR CREME)
PAY ATTENTION TO THESE MAKE-UP HACK
2. Don’t line the inside of your eyes It will make your eyes appear smaller. Instead, line just at the lash line. Also, an obvious line doesn’t look natural. Smudge the line just a bit.
3. Coconut oil is one of the great components that not just moisturize your skin but also act as an effective antioxidant and prevents pre-matured ageing. It also keeps the hair strong and shiny if massaged through regularly.
4. Keep moisturizers in the fridge. Creams that are cold to the touch are very soothing for irritated skin and will calm stinging, burning or itching.
FEATURE MAKE-UP PRODUCT
BRUSH ON BROW
"BMPRO FLAGSHIP STUDIO. 13B Awori Road, Dolphin Estate Ikoyi,LAGOS. 08152719092, 07042236077. BMPRO IKEJA STUDIO. The Green Village, 58 Isaac John St, GRA Ikeja, Lagos. 08152719093,08152719094. BMPRO ABUJA STUDIO. 33 Gana street,Off Shehu Shagari Way, by Dulux Centre Maitama, Abuja.08152719096,08152719097. OPEN TUESDAYS-SATURDAYS.10AM-6PM. SUNDAYS 2PM-6PM. TRAINING ENQUIRIES: firstname.lastname@example.org"
So we found some funny makeup jokes for you, feel free to brighten your day. lol 1 Kiss and make up--but too much makeup has r...
For Yewande's happy day we used BMPRO'S DANDY lipstick and EGGPLANT blusher to darken over. Visit a BMPRO outlet...
The craze for skin lightening with the hundreds of creams and cosmetics being marketed to specifically lighten the skin, are testimony t...
Happy Married Life!!!
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING BMPROMAKEUP BMPRO SPA DISCOUNT ENDS TODAY CONTACT 08152719092 FOR MORE DETAILS